Last week we published a blog on How do patients experience mobile app support. This week we will focus on sharing healthcare professionals' and hospital management's experiences on using Care Coordination and Patient Engagement Platform.
Healthcare professionals have used our BuddyCare Platform to monitor patients remotely, automate the care coordination process, and to collect structured patient data. So let's see what has made our customers happy and what is really bringing value to the hospitals from the care personnel's and hospital management's perspective.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO THE CARE PERSONNEL?
REACHING PATIENTS REMOTELY
- REACHING PATIENTS IS NOW EASIER. When patients started using the mobile app, hospitals noticed that reaching patients became more comfortable. Reaching patients during office hours can be difficult when some patients are at work, or some don't answer phone calls coming from unknown numbers. Now once patients are contacted through an app, they can read messages from the hospital when they have the right moment.
REMOTE MONITORING TOOL PROVIDES VALUABLE INFORMATION
- REAL-TIME VIEW OVER PATIENTS CARE PATHWAYS allows seeing if a patient is compliant and following the care. Such information is giving a sign to care personnel that those patients are very likely arriving at the procedure, and everything is going well at home.
- EARLY SIGNS OF POTENTIAL NO-SHOWS AND CANCELLATIONS. The platform provides alerts if a patient is about to deviate from the care pathway. Being able to see this critical information is helping healthcare providers to intervene sooner to early signs of potential no-shows or cancellations.
REDUCING COSTS BY MINIMIZING EMPTY OPERATING ROOMS AND UNNECESSARY REFERRALS
- SCHEDULING MORE NEW PATIENTS FOR CANCELED PROCEDURES. Care personnel has reported that the use of BuddyCare has been cost-effective since the number of new patients attending canceled procedures has increased. Thanks to digital communication, new patients can receive all procedure-related instructions and materials very quickly to their mobile app, which ensures they can prepare themselves for procedure faster than before.
- REDUCING UNNECESSARY LABORATORY TESTS REFERRALS. Collecting pre-questionnaires through an app is a very effective way to get information before a patient enters the hospital and has led to a remarkable reduction in laboratory appointment referrals. Our customer reported that previously all patients received laboratory test referrals, but once the health data can be collected in advance, it is possible to screen which patients need the referral.
AUTOMATED PROCESSES REDUCE ADMIN WORK
- BETTER INFORMED PATIENTS REDUCED CALLS. The time previously used on the phone calls has been used productively to other work.
- COLLECTING QUESTIONNAIRES AND FORMS THROUGH THE APP before the surgery day has leaned hospital processes and reduced administrative work. Read here how to automate PREMs and PROMs collection.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO THE HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT?
Below is a small list of what the hospital management has found valuable.
- COST AND ADMINISTRATIVE WORK REDUCTIONS. The platform has reduced administrative work with fewer phone calls, automated patient questionnaires collection, and learned processes.
- SCHEDULING NEW PATIENTS FOR CANCELED PROCEDURES BROUGHT COST SAVINGS. The ability to schedule new patients with short notice to replace the patients who canceled their procedure late has brought cost savings. Faster digital communication with the BuddyCare Platform has helped hospitals to act faster and to reduce waste with the expensive late cancellations.
- CONSISTENT CARE PROCESS. The use of the mobile app as a communication means ensures that all patients attending a particular procedure receive the same information through the same channel, which makes the care process consistent. Care process consistency helps the management, for example, to evaluate the patient-reported experiences (PREMs) better.
- OPTIMIZED HOSPITAL RESOURCE PLANNING AND AUTOMATION. The consistent care process helps hospital management to better plan resources and to automate processes even more in the future.
Do you want to discuss how to monitor patients remotely, automate care coordination and collect administrative forms or questionnaires from your patients? We are happy to host a free online demo.