EDUCATE YOUR PATIENTS MORE EFFICIENTLY BY DIGITIZING CARE PATHWAYS, COLLECT PATIENT-REPORTED OUTCOMES AND IMPROVE SURGERY EXPERIENCES
Orthopedics and Traumatology
Orthopedics and Traumatology are one of the largest surgical specialties, consisting of approximately 40 % of all the surgical procedures. Typical operations in orthopedics and traumatology are arthroscopic joint surgeries, joint replacement surgeries, reconstructive surgeries of bones and joints due to injuries or diseases, and surgical treatments of spinal diseases and injuries.
Surgery patients require highly demanding care and forms of treatment
Traumatology patients are often in need of high-demanding medical acute- and operational care, as well as demanding follow-up treatment. Similarly, patients with degenerative spinal-, joint or limb diseases may require specialized and highly demanding care process, especially in the post-operative phase of care.
Before orthopedic surgery it is important to inform the patient with the following:
- Surgery and preparation information
- Information and pre-arrangements of the recovery period
- Medicine discontinuation
- Wound care and limitations of information
- Rehabilitation training and instructions
- Information on how to take pain killers and pain diary
- Outcome scores (e.g. OHS/OKS, HOOS/KOOS)