EDUCATE YOUR PATIENTS MORE EFFICIENTLY BY DIGITIZING CARE PATHWAYS, COLLECT PATIENT REPORTED OUTCOMES AND IMPROVE SURGERY EXPERIENCES
Orthopedics and traumatology
Orthopedics and traumatology is one of the largest surgical specialty, consisting approximately 40 % of all the surgical procedures. Typical operations in orthopedics and traumatology are arthroscopic joint surgeries, joint replacement surgeries, reconstructive surgeries of bones and joints due to injuries or diseases, and surgical treatments of spinal diseases and injuries.
Surgery patients require highly demanding care and forms of treatment
Traumatology patients are often in the need of high-demanding medical acute- and operational care, as well as demanding follow-up treatment. Similarly, patients with degenerative spinal-, joint or limb diseases may require special and highly demanding care process, especially in post-operative phase of care.
Before orthopedic surgery it is important to inform patient with the following:
- Surgery and preparation information
- Information and pre-arrangements of recovery period
- Medicine discontinuation
- Wound care and limitations information
- Rehabilitation trainings and instructions
- Information how to use pain killers and pain diary
- Outcome scores (eg. OHS/OKS, HOOS/KOOS)