Have you used or considered using mobile app to guide your patients? If yes then you might be interested in reading what patients who have used an app value in it. We would now like to share some patient feedback our customers have reported to us. In this blog post, we deliver the feedback patients as end users have provided to health centers or hospitals after they have used the BuddyCare mobile app.
A little background information: Patients who have used the mobile app have attended different surgeries and they have received information, instructions, checklists, reminders and patient questionnaires through the mobile app pre and post-operatively.
PATIENTS VOICE: What was best in the mobile app guidance?
PATIENTS LOVE THAT THE APP IS AVAILABLE 24/7
- INSTRUCTIONS OR INFORMATION COULD BE READ ANYWHERE AND ANYTIME. Those patients who have used BuddyCare or hospital own branded mobile application pre and post-operatively have reported that all information and guidance were always safely stored in one location (in the app) and could be used anywhere anytime. As all the information was available 24/7 in the mobile app, the patients were not tied to the hospital opening hours. Patients appreciated that they could read or provide information to the hospital at their own pace.
PATIENTS APPRECIATED SENDING MESSAGES TO THE HOSPITAL THROUGH AN APP
- SENDING MESSAGES IS NOT TIME-SENSITIVE, CONTACTING HOSPITAL BY PHONE IS. Since the mobile app is available 24/7, the patients can send messages to the care personnel whenever they have a question. Patients know that if they submit a question in the evening, their questions will be answered the next day. Patients don’t need to wait until the following day to call the hospital when the care personnel arrives at work.
- FEELING OF SAFETY. The messaging feature gives patients a sense of safety as the patients feel that care personnel can be reached with ease just by typing a message through their app. Patients feel that the hospital is taking care of them remotely, even if they are physically at home. (In case of urgency the contact info section in the app directs calling by phone)
- PATIENTS PREFER COMMUNICATING THROUGH AN APP OVER THE PHONE. Patients have shown a lower threshold in sending messages or questions through the mobile app than calling to the hospital.
- IMPROVED PATIENT EXPERIENCE. All of the above mentioned improves the patient experience at the hospital.
TRANSPARENT CARE PATHWAY GIVES BETTER OVERVIEW OF THE CARE PROCESS
- PATIENTS VALUE CARE PROCESS TRANSPARENCY.
When patients receive the mobile app, they have the full package of material in their hands. With the app, they can get a better understanding of the full care process, and the process becomes transparent for them. Even if the information, questionnaires, reminders, etc. have been scheduled to arrive at the right time, the patients can still view what the next steps in the timeline are.
HERE IS SOME FEEDBACK PATIENTS HAVE GIVEN AFTER THE USE OF MOBILE APP
” The app relieved tension and uncertainty before the surgery.”
”I feel I was taken very good care when using the BuddyCare app as I could easily send messages to the nurse whenever I had questions in my mind. The app created a feeling of safety for me.”
”The BuddyCare app is today’s modern age tool”
Stay tuned: Next week we publish another blog where we describe how care centers' and hospitals' care personnel have experienced the use of BuddyCare Platform and what kind of benefits the healthcare professionals and hospital management have experienced with it.
Would you like to see how the BuddyCare mobile app works? Click here to book our free online demo, and we are more than happy to showcase it to you!