Monitoring and managing your patients’ surgical care pathways remotely with the BuddyCare Platform
Improve your clinic’s ability to identify potential early signs of Did Not Attends (DNAs), postoperative complications, and reduce related hospital readmissions.
Empowering patients digitally whilst tracking and monitoring patients’ preparation and recovery progress
The BuddyCare care coordination platform helps hospitals guide, track and monitor patients’ journey in real-time - from referral to surgery to recovery at home. Patients are engaged through a mobile device, combined with remote patient monitoring, which enables surgery clinics to better manage an ever-increasing number of patients and reduce the current elective surgery backlog. Clinical oversight provides many pre- and postoperative benefits to the hospitals.
The care-teams can easily monitor patients’ pre- and postoperative compliance through the clinical dashboard. With the patient-generated medical data, care teams can prioritise patients and identify potential early signs of Did Not Attends (DNAs) / no-shows or cancellations before surgery.
Postoperative patient monitoring supports in identifying postoperative complications through patient-submitted data. The submitted data consists of patient-reported outcome measures (PROM), pain meter scores, and wound photo sharing. The patient-generated medical data and remote patient monitoring after surgery can also help hospitals reduce the length of stay and number of readmissions.
How does remote patient monitoring support your hospital or clinic?
Preoperative patient monitoring
- Manages, tracks and collects data of the patients' health on the waiting list for remote monitoring purposes.
- Automatically collects pre-assessment forms or questionnaires from patients, and visualises the data.
- Provides an at-a-glance view of the patients' progress and status, such as “waitlisted”, making it easier to prioritise patients.
Postoperative patient monitoring
- Provides access to all recovery program materials such as rehabilitation instructions to support compliance.
- Collects and visualises data such as symptoms, patient-reported outcome measures (PROM), pain scores, or wound photos.
- Notifies if a patient’s condition deteriorates helping to intervene sooner at early signs of postoperative complications.
Clinical oversight & reporting
- Collects automatically structured data in real-time and produces notifications for attention and reports for analysis.
- Gathers the medical data and visualises it for the care team members and hospital management.
- Clinical teams get a simple, easy-to-view summary of all parts of the care pathways.
Monitors surgery preparation
The platform enables tracking, monitoring and managing of patients' preparation for surgery with the help of automatically collected patient data. It shares educational materials such as pre-habilitation instructions, delivers automated notifications/reminders, and collects medical data from patients. The medical data collection includes, for example, electronic pre-assessment collection. The data is gathered and visualised for the care team.
The clinical dashboard provides care teams with an at-a-glance view of the patients' progress and status, making it easy to monitor many patients at once. The dashboard notifies if there is a patient with a changing condition, someone who needs to be prioritised, or identifies a patient who is not ready for surgery and needs extra support.
Monitors post-surgery recovery
Follow-up after discharge is undoubtedly a vital part of the surgical care pathway. With the help of the BuddyCare Platform, patients are supported virtually by enhancing their recovery after surgery. At the same time, care teams monitor and assess patients' recovery remotely.
Patients can easily submit their symptoms, PROMs, PREMs, pain scores, or wound photos from their mobile devices. The data collection process is automated, releasing more time for the clinical team for their most important task: to deliver excellent care for their patients.
Through the dashboard, care teams have a real-time 360 degrees view of the patients' post-surgical progress, compliance, and outcomes.
Visualising and reporting real-time data
The platform collects patients' well-being, outcomes, and experience-related (PROMs, PREMs) data. The automated collection happens during their entire surgical care pathway from the referral to recovery.
Care teams get a simple, easy-to-view summary of all parts of the care pathways. The platform provides attention notifications if a patient is about to deviate from the care pathway helping healthcare providers to intervene sooner to early signs of declining engagement.
Hospital management and clinical leads can utilise the collected patient care pathway data. The clinical dashboard produces reports, thus supporting analysis and hospital services development.
Remote Patient Monitoring for:
Virtual remote support and monitoring enhance the patient’s compliance and experience.
Patients can prepare for and recover from surgery in the comfort of their own homes.
Patients know they are monitored remotely before surgery and after discharge, creating peace of mind.
Patients can easily submit digitised medical questionnaires/forms or pain scales to the hospital.
The platform provides a secure, two-way interaction channel for the patient and care team and enables wound image and treatment report sharing.
Virtual Care with the BuddyCare Platform
Mobile App for Patients
- The patient-facing BuddyCare app helps patients to navigate through their care pathways.
- Timed reminders and push notifications ensure that patients get the right information at the right time.
- Patients can submit forms or in-app questionnaires to the care personnel and interact via app.
Dashboard for Care Personnel
- With the dashboard, the hospital care personnel can monitor patients' care progress and see at-a-glance if patients have read all education, submitted in-app questionnaires and followed all instructions.
- The dashboard collects data during the patients' pathways and enables patient interaction.
- The dashboard produces reports for analysis.
Safe and Certified Platform
The Platform was co-developed with University Hospitals. Several University Hospitals, Regional Hospitals, and Private Hospitals use the platform safely.