Automate your orthopedic clinic's care coordination
Orthopedics and Traumatology are one of the largest surgical specialties, consisting of approximately 40 % of all surgical procedures. Typical operations in orthopedics and traumatology are arthroscopic joint surgeries, joint replacement surgeries, reconstructive surgeries of bones and joints due to injuries or diseases, and surgical treatments of spinal diseases and injuries.
Surgery patients require highly demanding care and forms of treatment
Traumatology patients are often in need of high-demanding medical acute- and operational care, as well as demanding follow-up treatment. Similarly, patients with degenerative spinal-, joint, or limb diseases may require specialized and highly demanding care processes, especially in the post-operative phase of care.
Before orthopedic surgery it is important to inform the patient with the following:
- Surgery and preparation information
- Information and pre-arrangements of the recovery period
- Medicine discontinuation and fastening reminders
- Pre-op assessment collection
- Pre-surgery checklist
After orthopedic surgery, hospitals need to provide information and collect data, such as:
- Wound care instructions
- Rehabilitation training and instructions
- Information on how to take pain killers and pain scale
- Outcome scores (e.g. OHS/OKS, HOOS/KOOS)
Read a customer example of how the private hospital Orton has used the BuddyCare solution to educate, support, and monitor the orthopedic patients' care process.