Restart surgeries safely and automate your patients' pre-operative COVID-19 symptom screening
Many clinics now have the goal of preparing patients for their upcoming elective surgeries. Screening patients' COVID-19 symptoms pre-operatively is essential to ensure patient and care personnel safety. Automated pre-op symptom screening can help care personnel to manage the upcoming workload and timed patient communication can proactively support anxious patients.
How to automate your patients' COVID-19 pre-op screening?
Your patients use a mobile app before the surgery:
- Patients log in to the mobile app with a hospital provided activation code.
- The Mobile app requests patients to submit daily symptom questionnaires before the surgery takes place.
- The symptom checker asks app users each day if they have, for example, fewer, coughing, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, or breathing problems.
- In the mobile app, patients can also access all pre-op surgery-related educational material and forms.
Your Care personnel use remote monitoring dashboard
- Care Personnel uses a dashboard for remote monitoring and can view patients' symptom status at-a-glance.
- The dashboard collects patients' submitted symptoms and alerts when the hospital set specified thresholds are exceeded.
- The symptom data collection process is fully automated.
Duration of the symptom tracker, alert thresholds, and other hospital-specific details can be customized based on your department's preference.
Why use pre-op screening?
- Ensure the patient and care personnel safety.
- Automate the COVID-19 symptom collection from your patients and reduce, for example, the time-consuming pre-op phone calls.
- Reduce your healthy patients' pre-op anxiety. The mobile app can include other messages to the patients to encourage healthy patients to arrive at the surgery.
- The automated symptom tracker may notify your care team about symptoms earlier, enabling re-scheduling another patient.
BuddyCare Patient Management System is secure and safe. We are GDPR and HIPAA compliant and have obtained Medical Devices Class I CE certification. Several University Hospitals, Regional Hospitals and Private Hospitals use our platform safely.