Restart surgeries safely and automate your patients' pre-operative COVID-19 symptom screening
Many clinics now have the goal of preparing patients for their upcoming elective surgeries. Screening patients' COVID-19 symptoms pre-operatively is essential to ensure patient and care personnel safety. Automated pre-op symptom screening can help care personnel to manage the upcoming workload and timed patient communication can proactively support anxious patients.
How to automate your patients' COVID-19 pre-op screening?
Your patients use a mobile app before the surgery:
- Patients log in to the mobile app with a hospital provided activation code.
- The Mobile app requests patients to submit daily symptom questionnaires before the surgery takes place.
- The symptom checker asks app users each day if they have, for example, fewer, coughing, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, or breathing problems.
- In the mobile app, patients can also access all pre-op surgery-related educational material and forms.
Your Care personnel use remote monitoring dashboard
- Care Personnel uses a dashboard for remote monitoring and can view patients' symptom status at-a-glance.
- The dashboard collects patients' submitted symptoms and alerts when the hospital set specified thresholds are exceeded.
- The symptom data collection process is fully automated. Duration of the symptom tracker, alert thresholds, and other hospital-specific details can be customized based on your department's preference.
Why use pre-op screening?
- Ensure the patient and care personnel safety.
- Automate the COVID-19 symptom collection from your patients and reduce, for example, the time-consuming pre-op phone calls.
- Reduce your healthy patients' pre-op anxiety. The mobile app can include other messages to the patients to encourage healthy patients to arrive at the surgery.
- The automated symptom tracker may notify your care team about symptoms earlier, enabling re-scheduling another patient.
BuddyCare Patient Management System is secure and safe. We are GDPR and HIPAA compliant and have obtained CE certification. Several University Hospitals, Regional Hospitals and Private Hospitals use our platform safely.