CARE COORDINATION & PATIENT ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM
Automated Care Coordination & Digital Patient Engagement to Support your Surgery Clinic
Improved hospital outcomes
Fewer pre-operative phone Calls
Fewer no-shows and cancellations
Reduction in time spent per patient preoperatively
Digital patient engagement through automated surgical care pathways
Buddy Healthcare’s care coordination and patient engagement platform enable clinics to guide, support and engage patients during their perioperative care pathways. Simultaneously, as the platform provides timely educational content to patients, it also collects all patient-generated data through forms and in-app questionnaires to support care teams to monitor and manage the care pathways remotely.
Lean and consistent care pathways for your surgery patients through a user-friendly app
A patient preparing for a surgery, procedure, or appointment receives all instructions and reminders through push notifications set at optimal times. Patients’ digital care pathways can include in-app forms and questionnaires that will be delivered directly to the care personnel's dashboard after the patient has submitted them.
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)
BuddyCare implements the principles of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) protocols to enhance early mobilisation after surgery. Patients using the mobile app are supported and monitored through the platform, and patients receive post-operative instructions, rehabilitation exercises, wound care instructions, pain scales, and patient-reported outcomes and experience measures questionnaires through the app.
Two-way interaction between patients and care teams
Patients and care teams can send secure messages through the platform. This has significantly reduced the phone calls coming from patients or the care team's need to make calls. For example, patients can submit a question in the evening through a mobile app and care teams can respond in the morning from their interface when they arrive at work. Secure two-way messaging is very convenient for both patients and hospitals as both parties can interact easily at the day's optimal time.
“Mobile app was easy-to-use. It informed us well about the operation, and reminded us what we should do and when exactly. The mobile app provided a convenient channel to contact care personnel when I had some questions related to the operation.”
- Pediatric surgery patient’s parent
Reduce no-shows through digital patient engagement and remote patient monitoring
With the remote clinical monitoring platform, care personnel has real-time at-a-glance visibility of their patients' activities and an overview of the process, enabling them to intervene sooner at early signs of declining engagement, potential no-shows/did not attend, cancellations, or other challenges.
No-shows and late cancellations are costly for healthcare providers, both time and money-wise. Better educated and informed patients with clear instructions about where to go and what will happen at the appointment or procedure will not only remind patients about upcoming events but can also help to reduce anxiety around their care pathways.
Both properly educated patients and a dashboard that enable monitoring decrease no-shows and late cancellations.
What is automated for the care teams?
- Patients’ care coordination is fully automated. Patients are receiving timely automated education and reminders. Care teams don’t need to make phone calls or send letters to digitally engaged patients.
- The platform collects all patient forms and questionnaires such as pre-assessment forms, PROMs and PREMs automatically and delivers them for the care team review.
- The Platform produces reports of the patient-generated data and helps care personnel to analyse the care pathways.
Technical and other information
- The Platform is available in multiple different languages → Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian) Spanish, and Swedish.
- The Patient Engagement platform has been co-created in collaboration with university hospitals.
- Service is produced in Amazon’s Cloud in the EU.
- The platform is modular → Build and edit your own care pathways.
- The platform has the CE mark and is GDPR and HIPAA - ISO 13845 compliant as well as has a Class 1 Medical Device Certification.
- Our clients consist of University Hospitals, Regional Hospitals and Private Hospitals.
Automated Care Coordination with the BuddyCare Platform
Mobile App for Patients
The patient-facing BuddyCare app helps patients to navigate through their care pathways.
Timed reminders and push notifications ensure that patients get the right information at the right time.
Patients can submit forms or in-app questionnaires to the care personnel and interact via the mobile app.
Dashboard for Care Personnel
With the dashboard, the hospital care personnel can monitor patients' care progress and see at-a-glance if patients have read all education, submitted in-app questionnaires and followed all instructions
The dashboard collects data during the patients' pathways and enables patient interaction. The dashboard produces reports for analysis.